Last updated on 06/27/04
|Engine mount installed. Still not sure what engine will be used at this point, so I paid the extra for a mount that can be used for ether a 180 hp or a 200 hp engine. I am leaning toward the 200 hp. The more power the better idea has always worked for me in the past. (Nov. 00)|
|Here it is, the engine. 180hp at a good price.
Looking down on the engine. The engine started life as a IO-360-B1A. It was rebuild by Barrett Performance Aircraft, Tulsa, Oklahoma. The engine during rebuild was converted into a IO-360-B1E with A1A rotating bottom end. This changed the crankshaft and connecting rods to those with larger bearings.
|The change from the B1A to the B1E designation required changing the fuel injection system to Bendix equipment.|
|We did a trial fit of the engine to the mount. As we have a 200hp mount there was a question as to whether the 180hp engine would fit. After some trouble with the wrong vibration mounts was resolved, everything fit after a few hours of snaking the engine onto the mount.|
|The magnetos have to be removed to clear the mount during installation, but all does fit.|
|It looking good and it fits the mount well, just like it is supposed to.|
|I have started the baffle installation. It sure is baffling!|
If you have entered this page from outside the main home page please go here